The first Advent is just around the corner. Soon the lights will be shining in windows everywhere and the smell of biscuits and mulled wine will be wafting through the streets. Perhaps you have already prepared the first Christmas treats and enjoyed them with your loved ones over a delicious cup of coffee.
If you're still looking for inspiration for your Christmas baking and fancy delicious pastries with an aromatic coffee flavour, why not try our delicious coffee cakes? Fresh and quick to prepare, they are a delight on cosy Advent days and easily steal the show from well-known classics such as gingerbread and vanilla crescents.
What you need:
For the dough (makes approx. 6-8 cakes):
- 100g butter or margarine
- 1 cup of flour (approx. 130g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking cocoa
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 row of block chocolate
- approx. 50ml freshly brewed Caferino coffee
For the decoration:
- 100g icing sugar
- 1-2 tbsp water
- n. B. Sprinkles or sugar pearls
Here's how it works:
- First melt the butter (or margarine) in a saucepan or in the microwave.
- Melt the block chocolate over a bain-marie.
- Mix the melted butter or margarine with the remaining ingredients and the liquid chocolate to form a dough.
- Pour the batter into small muffin tins or other small cake tins and bake in a preheated oven at 160° for approx. 20-25 minutes.
- After baking, leave the mini cakes to cool on a wire rack.
- To decorate, mix 100g powdered sugar with 1-2 tbsp water to a smooth mixture and spread (with a piping bag) over the mini cakes
- Decorate the cakes with sprinkles or sugar pearls as desired.
With just a few ingredients, you can make delicious and wonderfully chocolaty Christmas cakes with a tempting coffee flavour in no time at all. We hope you enjoy trying them out and baking them and would be delighted if you share the result on social media and tag us (Facebook & Instagram).