When we think of food in summer, we first think of barbecues or ice cream, but what better way to round off the meal with a sweet treat after a hearty barbecue dish? Instead of the classic espresso, which you might also enjoy after a meal, we have an espresso dessert variant for you today. We can tell you this much in advance: It's worth trying out!
What you need (for 4-5 servings):
- 300 g mascarpone
- 100 g quark
- 250 g whipped cream
- 1 tsp cream stiffener
- ½ organic lemon
- 50 g sugar
- 2 tbsp sugar (for the cream)
- 60-70 ml espresso brewed (our Caferino espresso beans)
- Cocoa powder for garnish
How to make it:
1. Prepare the Caferino espresso and let it cool completely.
2. Wash the lemon thoroughly, dry it and grate the zest with a grater. Squeeze the juice of half a lemon and set aside.
3. Put the mascarpone in a mixing bowl with the quark, sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest and mix thoroughly.
4. Whip the cream with 2 tbsp sugar and the cream stiffener until stiff and fold loosely into the mascarpone quark mixture.
5. Transfer half of the cream and mascarpone mixture. Carefully mix the other half with the espresso.
6. Now spread a little of the cream and mascarpone mixture over the glasses.
7. Cover the cream with a layer of espresso mixture. Continue in this way until all the cream has been used up.
8. Leave the glasses in the fridge for about 2 hours.
9. To garnish, drizzle a little whipped cream on top, dust with cocoa powder and decorate with coffee or espresso beans.
Doesn't that sound heavenly? Try it out and convince yourself and your guests of the delicious dessert creation. You can find more recipe ideas in our blog category "Coffee trends".