As you may already know, your favourite coffee is not only a treat in liquid form, but also makes a wonderful baking ingredient for sweet and savoury treats. We have already presented a few recipes to you in the past.
Today we have picked out another sweet variation. Delicious fluffy banana bread with a little espresso kick and that in the vegan version. The delicious espresso banana bread not only tastes delicious and looks good enough to eat, it is also super quick to prepare with just a few ingredients. But let's stop just talking about it and start baking instead.
What you need:
- 500 g bananas approx. 3 pieces
- 280 g spelt flour type 1050
- 1 sachet vanilla sugar
- 1 sachet baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 80 g raw cane sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 150 ml cold espresso (from our Caferino organic beans)
- some margarine
- some breadcrumbs
For the icing:
- 100g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp cold espresso or vegetable milk alternative
How to make it:
1. Prepare the Caferino espresso and leave to cool.
2. Grease the loaf tin (approx. 20cm x 10cm) with margarine and line with breadcrumbs.
3. Preheat the oven to 180°C top and bottom heat.
4. Peel the bananas and mash them thoroughly on a plate with a fork.
5. Mix together the flour, vanilla sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, cocoa powder and cane sugar in a bowl.
6. Add the mashed bananas to the bowl and mix together with the cooled Caferino espresso to form a batter.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin and bake in the oven for approx. 50 minutes.
8. After baking, leave the espresso banana bread to cool on a rack.
9. In the meantime, mix the icing sugar with the espresso or the milk alternative to make a glaze and pour it over the banana bread.
10. The espresso banana bread will keep in the fridge for about 3 days.
We hope you like the recipe and have fun trying it out. If you feel like it, share the result on Instagram or Facebook and tag us on your post or story. The Coffee-Bike team wishes you bon appétit!